Total Pageviews

Friday, September 30, 2011

Winter Salad

Winter Salad


1 bag Romaine Hearts
2 lrg pears, peeled, cored and diced
1 lrg apple, peeled, cored and diced
4 oz swiss cheese, grated
1/2 cup cashews
1/2 cup dried cranberries


Dressing


2/3 cup olive oil (not evoo)
1/2 cup sugar
1 teaspoon dijon mustard
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup lemon juice
2 tea green onions, diced
      Add all together and blend.  The longer you blend the better so there are no lumps of onion. 
1 Tablespoon poppy seed
      Mix together again after you add poppy seeds.


I don't put the dressing on the salad.  A little goes a long ways so let everyone do their own so it doesn't get all soggy. 

3 comments:

  1. Think I'll serve this after the baptism as well... I know I said a brunch, but my mom can never get enough salad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um, DELICIOUS! Everyone loved this salad!

    ReplyDelete