Total Pageviews

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Noodles with Peanut Lime Sauce...

I loved this. Matt liked it, and the kids ate it... not saying it was one of their faves, but we will be making this again and for me it was something different to add to the dinner list!

3/4 lb. linguine
2 cups broccoli florets (about 1 small head)
2 cups sugar snap peas ( I used the little package at walmart)
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup water
2 TBSP rice vinegar
2 TBSP fresh lime juice
3/4 inch fresh ginger finely grated
2 TBSP brown sugar
1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
1/2 cup peanuts, chopped (I left out just cuz I didn't have any)

Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and rinse with cold water. While pasta cooks steam broccoli and peas ( I don't have a steamer, so I just put about an inch of alted water in a pot and dumped the broccoli in for 3 minutes, then added the peas and cooked for 2 minutes more. Drain water and put broccoli and peas aside ( I then while they were hot put a TBSP of butter on them and salted them.)

Make sauce by pureeing the peanut butter, soy sauce, water, vinegar, lime juice, ginger, sugar and red pepper flakes in a food processor or blender until smooth.

Right before serving, toss pasta with 1/2 to 3/4 of the sauce. Add broccoli and peas. Serve and enjoy! Oh, sprinkle the peanuts chopped on top at this point!

if you want the whole recipe (this is just what I did) it's at foodnetwork.com and it's called Aromatic Noodles with Lime Peanut Sauce by Ellie Krieger, 2005

No comments:

Post a Comment